One day for school we played a little math game. It was in Jacob's math book, but I thought it would be okay if I "helped" Emma, but apparently she needed no help at all. They each were given a bowl of smarties candies and they were to takes turns rolling a die. One person would put the number of smarties from the die in the picture of the treasure chest. The other person was to place as many more candies in the chest as needed to make a total of 6 candies in the chest. Emma was blowing me away with her ability to remember the number combos we needed to make 6. Jacob didn't seem interested at all. After several minutes I tried to regain Jacob's attention to our game by asking him what he was doing. His response was simply:"Making the United States of America Mom." Just like that. He said this in a tone that seemed like "Duh Mom. What else would I be doing with a pile of smarties. " I didn't know whether I should laugh or fall over dumb. Either way I can see this year will be a lot of work if I am to stay ahead of my Mathematician and my Artist.
Translate
Thursday, August 28, 2008
The Mathematician and The Artist
One day for school we played a little math game. It was in Jacob's math book, but I thought it would be okay if I "helped" Emma, but apparently she needed no help at all. They each were given a bowl of smarties candies and they were to takes turns rolling a die. One person would put the number of smarties from the die in the picture of the treasure chest. The other person was to place as many more candies in the chest as needed to make a total of 6 candies in the chest. Emma was blowing me away with her ability to remember the number combos we needed to make 6. Jacob didn't seem interested at all. After several minutes I tried to regain Jacob's attention to our game by asking him what he was doing. His response was simply:"Making the United States of America Mom." Just like that. He said this in a tone that seemed like "Duh Mom. What else would I be doing with a pile of smarties. " I didn't know whether I should laugh or fall over dumb. Either way I can see this year will be a lot of work if I am to stay ahead of my Mathematician and my Artist.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment