The other night Jacob came down stairs and proclaimed, "Dad! The Foot lies, but your knee always tells the truth!"
Does that make sense to any of you?
We just had to look at Jacob and say, "WHAT?"
Apparently Jacob had just finished getting ready for bed. With a little digging we learned that he was referring to the way he checks the temperature of the water in the shower. He had been using his foot in the past to see if the water was to hot or cold, but then he would turn on the shower and it wouldn't be the right temperature.
On this night he figured out that if he tested the water with his knee he would get the correct temperature of water.
Of course kids don't ever explain themselves they just come down and proclaim things like, "The foot lies, but your knee always tells the truth!"
I think the next time I need to know the truth I will just ask Jacob's knee!
1 comment:
What a funny kid! I love that. Anya says "silly" things like that, but when probed, it always makes sense!
Post a Comment