Translate

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Why We Miss Florida

We miss Florida for may reasons. There is the closeness of Disney World and the beautiful Orlando Temple. There is also the dear friends we made while we were there. But today I realized what else I miss about Florida
The WEATHER!
Yes is we have lows in the 30's and today we actually had snow flurries, but that is even a stretch to call them that. We could see them a little out the window, but by the time Jacob got his coat on and ran outside it was pretty much gone.
While in Florida it was a little hard to get into the Christmas spirit when it was just 80 every day, so that has been a nice change. The thing I forgot all about in Florida was the laundry.
I have never, until now, done a load of just denim! A whole load devoted to the pants we are wearing to keep us warm! I am a little bothered by the fact that I have now summer and winter close to rotate in and out of drawers, but the laundry is every week and I feel as though my load quantity has tripled since our move here.
Not only are pants bugging me but socks as well. Before we had a pair per person that had been worn on Sunday. That was easy to match and put away, but now I can't believe how annoying it is to deal with matching and sorting socks. No wonder my mother always got them in the wrong drawers when I was a kid! I definitely have a new appreciation for her and for Florida!

2 comments:

Natalie and Shane said...

Be glad that it's only in the 30's. It has been so bitter cold here that when it snows it freezes to the road. Don't you miss Utah? I too would miss Florida for that weather too. What a cute Family picture!!!! So fun to see EVERYONE together. I hope we get one for Christmas. Love you all!!!!

princess jen said...

Funny the things you miss... I totally understand about the laundry. I hate going from summer to winter clothes because all of a sudden I have socks to deal with again. Very annoying. But in addition to summer and winter clothes, we have spring and fall stuff too...