Translate

Sunday, February 28, 2010

February 2010


We have had one of the most exciting months.
Jane started eating solid foods and although this is messy, it is a lot of fun to see her getting bigger every day!
Philip is literally wearing himself out trying to keep up with Nato and Robin. Whether he is meticulously trying to straighten blankets, towels and laundry,
or finding the best way to be like Dad

or beside Dad, he keeps moving,
until he has nothing left.

All the kids do a great job helping Jane and playing their own games with her and she is always willing to pay them with smiles and coos.
Mid-February is Robin's birthday and on that morning we all awoke to find it snowing.

Now in Louisiana snow will SOMETIMES fall, but it doesn't stay. It is usually just flurries.
Considering we have never lived where it snows since having kids, we were all very excited for flurries on Robin's special day. She has really been dreaming of snow this year.


To our great surprise the flurries fell all day long
and into the night. That evening we looked out to find that they were no longer flurries,
but SNOW! Snow on the ground and the roofs and the cars.
Nato was called and informed that he would have delayed reporting the next morning because of the snow and he was to stay home until 10.
The next morning we found a few inches on the ground!
Beautiful, soft snow great for snowballs
and snowmen and fun!
Everyone played for a few hours in the morning and by evening everything was gone except the snowmen. It was back to Louisiana weather for all of us, but it was so much fun to have a special treat even for just one day!

3 comments:

Natalie and Shane said...

So fun!!!!! I love the snow and have totally missed it this year. I wouldn't mind more if things stayed green, but things are dead, brown and UGLY here. I think you guys got what we should have had. Bet the kids had a blast.

princess jen said...

Happy Birthday to you! I'm glad you got some snow on your special day. You deserved a treat.

Devon said...

I can't believe you guys got that much snow -- enough snow for a snowman! And can I say that Jane is just absolutely the cutest thing ever (but it's not like I'm surprised...look at the rest of your kids!) I LOVED all the pictures, and I'm glad Robin got snow for her birthday!