On the 4th of June our littlest guy turned 2! He was so excited to have a birthday. He really got into all the festivities.
He received a "roaring" dinosaur flash light.
A train track set,
(Jane really wanted to be in on the action now that she can army crawl EVERYWHERE!)

Also some trucks and other wheeled vehicles.
We made him an eclaire cake,
and I think he liked it!
One good part to having so many siblings close in age is that every day seems like a party.
Even when you are just playing together at home.
A few days later Emma learned how to blow bubbles with her bubble gum. We used to only give the kids sugarless chewing gum, but you can't blow bubbles with that and part of being a kid is mastering the art of bubble gum, so we finally caved and both Jacob and Emma are pretty good at the bubble thing now.
The 14th was Jacob's birthday and it was quite monumental. He turned 8 and with it can all sorts of new stepping stones.
Speaking of stepping stones, Jane has hit a few herself lately.
She has found a love for the jolly jumper and we have found a love for the opportunity to not have her crawling under the table during meal times eating all the crumbs. She just jumps and jumps and jumps. All you have to do is smile at her and she will start jumping and keep jumping as long as she thinks someone is watching.

Anyway, Jacob's birthday was pretty full. Full of presents!
And people willing to share presents!
And cake and visitors! Our friends the Coles made it that night and were able to stay and play for more than a week! It was wonderful!

Philip must have seen how good things were for Jacob because here he is trying to fill his shoes. Okay, okay he is actually trying on Jacob's underwear, but obviously there was some draw here to try to be just like Jacob.

I can see why he wanted to be like Jacob. Jacob had the awesome opportunity to be baptized by his dad on June 19th!
Both his Grandma and Papa Taylor and his Grandma Irving were able to come and be here for him. It was really nice of them to come.
Jane keeps on doing more. She is now pulling herself up to her knees. She still only army crawls, but this doesn't seem to slow her spirits at all.

I guess Philip decided that Jacob's shoes were just not exciting enough. Here he is moving on to Nato's!
Sometimes I just can't resist their smiles!

Maybe it is a parent thing!
Maybe it is the miracle of kids and how they grow. Whatever the reason I have found that the longer I am around them the more I can't resist them and all the silly things they do! Kids are awesome!
3 comments:
Aaaah! I love all the pictures too! I can't wait to see you all, and I love seeing how big they're all getting. And Jacob's baptism pictures are so great! I'm so glad we got to see pictures! Happy Birthday guys!
Robin, you have the cutest kids ever! That's so awesome Jacob was baptized. I bet everyone was really happy.
Keep on having fun and lots of parties!
Happy Baptism to Jacob! Anya is anxiously awaiting her 8th birthday--but it's not until January! Thanks for sharing new pictures!!
Post a Comment