One of the tremendous blessings we have here in Louisiana is a great home school group, to enjoy extra curricular activities with, right here on base. We have been bowling every other Wednesday since we arrived here with all the other kids that home school. It has been a lot of fun. Jacob and Emma are learning more than just how to throw the ball, but sharing, taking turns and enjoying a little exercise. Not to mention all the friends they have had a chance to make.
This week was the last bowling week for a while. They will be switching to a different activity, and in honor of the final bowling day they had "Cosmic Bowling." They turned all the lights off and sent the disco ball rolling. Jacob walked in and declared how awesome the lights and music were. Several times Jacob was found dancing in between songs.
Emma just loves being a part of "school." I am continually amazed at how grown up she acts when she is included with the "big kids." I keep forgetting myself that she is not my little baby girl anymore.
2 comments:
Are you homeschooling? Or is this a preschool group? I've thought about homeschooling, but I really don't think I'm disciplined enough to do what it takes.
We homeschool. Emma is really still too young for preschool, but Jacob, my first grader has been home schooled now for almost two and a half years. I actually feel it takes less disapline to homeschool than it would take me to wake up, drag him out of bed, get him and everyone else ready in time, pack them all up and get to school. Then to have to repeat later. My hats off to all moms who do that on a daily basis!
Post a Comment