Translate

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sci-Port

This Friday we decided to take a little field trip to Sci-Port Discovery Center with some friends. It is a hands on discovery museum. It seems we were not the only people in a field trip mood. There had to be 8-12 school buses in the parking lot! The place was PACKED! Luckily there was a small area that is formatted for younger kids to explore and so we headed there. Most of the school kids were older. We were delighted to be left almost to ourselves and ecstatic to learn that this small area still had hands on learning for older kids too.

Benjamin, Jacob, Emma and their friends donned hard hats and started "building" a house. Benjamin's favorite was driving the truck.

Emma also enjoyed sailing this small boat. I am not sure how we could have had more fun even with the entire museum to ourselves. They were all sad to leave and I was sad I didn't get many pictures, but I promised them we would return. Probably AFTER field trip season is over, for the local schools at least.

1 comment:

April said...

What a fun museum. I could see my kids really enjoying it there. Cute kids too. I still get floored when I see Emma, such a big girl now. I was going to tell you that I have photoshop elements and I made one picture out of three. I hate how when you post you can't put pictures right next to each other. I also didn't realize you were home schooling, go you. You truly are Super mom.