While doing some training prior to my deployment, I was fortunate enough to be in northern Florida for a month. Since I love running so much, I decided to go for a run a couple of times on the beach while I was there. Not only is it a really good workout, the scenery was awesome. But the creatures that tended to float inland and get stuck in the sand was reason enough to at least run with shoes on, making it much harder as you slide and sink more. I survived, and luckily I never stepped on one of these guys while running the one day barefoot.
These two guys are little jellyfish that washed ashore. This little one was about the size of silver dollar, but its tentacle was about a foot and a half long. The body of the one below was about the size a fist. I saw about four smaller jellyfish and four larger ones within a quarter mile of my run. I then decided to run further inland so I wouldn't get hurt.
And lastly, this was the view from the hotel I was forced to stay in. Life in the Air Force is hard sometimes.
No comments:
Post a Comment