Translate

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve

What a day! We spent the day cooking and cleaning and getting ready for Christmas. Boy how this year has sped past us. Nato is used to a traditional Christmas Eve feast. So this year I finally gave in and gave him one, it is basically a repeat meal from Thanksgiving with a couple Christmas additions. Traditionally his mother made this meal and then on Christmas his family used to go to his grandmothers for dinner. Since he is so very sentimental and we all love him we thought we would try to make both for him this year. In the past I have only ever done Christmas day dinner. Now I see why. It was a lot of work! Plus the idea of cooking a big traditional meal tomorrow(not Thanksgiving stuff, but other specific foods) just made me tired today. It didn't help that Nato was feeling under the weather and so I think we will try something different next year. My side of the family orders pizza on Christmas Eve and I am starting to push for that no hassle meal for 2009.
After the wonderful food was consumed we did start to feel better and we found a rather enjoyable evening with the kids. We put on a small version of the nativity story. It was so very cute we had to work hard to be serious and not laugh when we saw some of the costumes the kids came up with.
This is Mary "great with child."
Benjamin INSISTED the baby Jesus HAD to be his plush Mickey Mouse. This made Mary's tummy very GREAT!
Benjamin was our Shepard when we could get him to hold still.
Jacob took on the duo roll of Joseph and a Wiseman.
We really wanted the children to feel the spirit of Jesus birth and the real reason for the gifts, food and all the fun. We feel it ended well.
Here is everyone in their new Christmas PJ's!
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!



2 comments:

princess jen said...

I had a plan to cook a turkey. But the turkey had another plan and did not thaw in time. So we had leftover lasagna instead. But it was still tasty. The kids look great in their pajamas!

Halee said...

Sounds like you had a fun Christmas. Nora has the same PJ's as Emma. I wonder where you got them!

Tracy